Sunday, August 26, 2012

Watsons Haul + Reviews


Instead of studying at home for my upcoming midterms, how did I spend my Sunday afternoon? Shopping of course! What better way to spend some time alone than this? I got all sorts of new stuff from Watsons. 



ELF's Clarifying Pressed Powder & Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 (Both for P130/$3.08) 

Beauty Buffet Masks (P39/$0.92 each). Will do a review of this after I try it out.

Watsons Stretch Mark Minimizer Body Butter (P149/$3.53). I won't be doing a review of this just yet ;)


Maybelline's Baby Lips Pink Glow (P99/$2.34)

Ready for reviews? Let's get started!




First is ELF's Tinted Moisturizer with SPF15. I've been getting sick of using BB Creams and I wanted to try something new. So when I stopped by ELF, I noticed this. I checked the price out and with it costing so less, I decided to check it out myself! The texture is thick enough for coverage but not too thick to make it look so heavy and cakey. It also has a matte finish which I really like. It has a mandarin/orange type of smell at first but since I like oranges, I didn't mind one bit. It fades off anyway once the product is on the face.

Here's a swatch of it on my hand.



Pros:
-Very moisturising indeed!
-SPF15
-Very good coverage. A bit comparable to BB Cream
-Budget friendly

Cons:
-Tube packaging can make it a bit messy and unhygienic
-The container is so little!

Will I buy this product again? Yes!

Here's the finished product. You may click on the picture for enlargement. 


The second item I got was ELF's clarifying pressed powder. I am always in a hunt for the perfect pressed powder and as much as I like Penshoppe's pressed powder, I need to try something else. I got this with the shade of Apricot Beige. One of the things I liked about this is that it had ingredients which will not cause break outs. 

Pros:
-Budget friendly
-Tiny, can fit into pockets
-Has a tad of glitter that makes your face glow

Cons:
-Packaging is a bit unhygienic
-No mirror
-Average coverage if used alone

Will I purchase this again? If I don't find any other ones, then most likely, yes. 

Here is the finished look!


Lastly, it's Maybelline's Baby Lips Pink Glow. Since I really liked the Baby Lips lip balms, I decided to try the glow line as well. It's a couple of pesos more expensive and it feels like you're wearing lip gloss but it still has a nice feel on the lips. 

Pros:
-Cute packaging, comes with different colors and scents/flavors
-Very moisturising
-Fulfils it's promise of pink glow on the lips

Cons:
-None

Will I purchase this again? Why not?


That's it for me tonight! Hope this was informative. Good night, everyone (or good morning, depending on where you live, lol) xx







28 comments:

  1. great haul! =) thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment! I would love it if we followed each other. I always follow back! let me know =)

    Melanee
    xo
    melaneeshale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks like you had so much fun shopping hehe these look like good products! i honestly haven't heard of Elf until i visited your blog. thank you for posting this review! take care and hope your midterms was a breeze! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of ELF since I was in middle school in the States but it was so hard to find alot of stores that had it. It wasnt til I went here for college that I completely discvered about their other projects. It's really wonderul, plus it's cheap! And thank you as well, hoping for pleasant results on them *crossed fingers*

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the comment dear! I'm following your blog, hope you follow back. Watson really draws me to buy stuff :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed back! And yes, my sentiments exactly! Everytime I pass by, I'm always tempted to go in. When I do shop there, always feel like my wallet was robbed. Lol. The dilemmas of being a girl!

      Delete
  4. I have that Maybelline balm and i love it!
    http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! It smells so wonderful and feels so good on the lips! xx

      Delete
  5. following you now!:)
    feel free to follow back if you aalready didn't!

    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your new purchases!!! Now I gladly follow you via GFC and BLOGLOVIN! I'm on all these sites too!!! Follow me back if you like!!! We can follow each other!!! it would be a pleasure!!!
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello you've got a very cute blog
    :) thanks for droppin by mine, and yes I'd love to follow you.I'm following you now.Hope you follow mine as well, keep posting dear, I'll be updated.
    <3

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love your reviews, I learned a lot about those products :D

    If you don't mind, could you check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other? ^_^

    xoxo'

    www.dipikasyngai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it :)

    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course!
    following you now :)

    http://littleblackcoconut.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I followed you, do follow me back dear :D

    kisses*

    www.dipikasyngai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much for your comment on my blog! cant see you in my gfc followers though, can you make sure you followed? thanks :) http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey!! great post i love elf and baby lips so goood<3 Thanks for stopping by my blog i would love to follow each other!! just followed hope you follow back as well<3

    http://nattieness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post dear
    BTw I have something for you in my blog.It's here, hope you'll check it out
    http://mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html

    lovelots,
    Tin
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello again, I have an award for you on my blog, pls check it out! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beauty masks are so cute! ^o^ How did those turn out? My sister loves those.

    ReplyDelete